Monday, April 6, 2009

Surprise Conference Weekend!


Our family had some "surprise" news during the Saturday Morning session of General Conference. Neil L Andersen was called to be an apostle. In our home he is known as Uncle Neil, but maybe all that changes now- I am not sure. Here is a picture of my Aunt Kathy and Uncle Neil. My Aunt Kathy is my fathers sister. That is the relation if anyone was wondering. My father has 1 sister and 1 brother , so we were all very close growing up.
My husband, John was best friends with their youngest son Derek in college- who actually set us up. And I still stay in touch with my cousin Kristen- their second daughter. I only have 4 girl cousins total- so not very many!
The best part about the call for me was the position Uncle Neil filled- which was Elder Wirthlin's. Many of you know that Elder Wirthlin was John's dads first cousin. John and I had the special opportunity to meet with Elder Wirthlin and be sealed in the temple by Elder Wirthlin for time and all eternity. He gave us some very practical and spiritual advice a few days before the sealing. I continued to enjoy his counsel and advice over the last few years. I loved listening to his very upbeat and heartfelt conference talks. He was a very special man to our family. These warm feelings easily continue for me. Uncle Neil and Aunt Kathy have always been great examples of Christlike living. They have been devoted to serving the Lord all over the world. John and I continue to look forward to hearing more uplifting and encouraging counsel from Elder Andersen in the future.

6 comments:

Brooke said...

Oh that's right, he's Brandt's dad right? That's way cool :)

mrs_stailey said...

I was so excited when he got called! I even turned to my hubby and said, " I wonder what the conversation is like at the Williams home!" That is so cool!!!

I actually had the feeling he would be the one right before they announced him.

sunshine family said...

We were shocked and excited for the Andersen's all at once..a few of us had the same feeling- but you never really know!

Kaley

Jessica said...

that is very neat!!! i will call ya later!

Bree said...

That's really cool, sorry I have never called you back I have been so sick I threw up 8 times yesterday and 6 the day before that. If I start feeling better in the next month I'll call you.

Mary said...

That is pretty cool. You and John have a great extended family and heritage. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...