Monday, January 31, 2011

Oma and Opa come to visit!

We had so much fun with Oma and Opa this last 10 days! The boys really got used to waking up every morning and running downstairs to find Oma and Opa asleep in their bed. Opa was always full of energy and the boys loved every second of it. Oma helped me so much in the kitchen that by the end of the week I called her my kitchen fairy. She taught me how to get stains out of carpets, hang pictures, and many great money saving tips. The boys got used to climbing all over her when she would take her little naps and I was amazed that she slept thru the Blendtec and John playing the piano about 5 feet away. She is a latter day mommy trooper! We had tons of fun at Busch Gardens and all of our other outings.... farm, fish market in st. pete, random scary shooting store in downtown, restaurants, walmart, fireside, hunting, paradise lakes, random sight seeing, etc. etc. There was a lot of Wirthlin blarbbing going on on our big couch and one of my favorite moments was when I walked downstairs one night about midnight and I found John, Oma, and Opa all snoozing together nice and cozy. I wanted to take a picture, but of course I didn't want to wake anyone up. I was so happy that John had some fellow couch snoozers visiting. And I must confess, by the second to last day- I took my first nap on the couch (ever) with Oma- both of us snoozing with the 2 kiddos running around! I laughed so hard when I woke up and thought "I am really turning into a true Wirthlin" :) :) I loved every second of it -thanks Oma and Opa (or what Grant calls u - Poopa!)! lots of pictures coming...

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...