Friday, September 19, 2008

Computer Doctor

Recently I fell victim to a computer virus scam. Now my computer is in the shop and we have yet to here the diagnosis. I want everyone to know not to do what I did. Every computer comes with a virus sweeper. Mine did. Now when this program expires- fraudulent, very similiarly named programs pop up to download and replace the one on the computer. The legitimate programs are Antivirus and Spy Sweeper. The computer guy said all the rest could be fake programs that infect your computer. I downloaded Microvirus- same emblem, similiar name to Antivirus (the legit one). So don't make the same mistake as me.

1 comment:

Mommymita said...

Bummer about your computer but thanks for the heads up. Hope all is well with so you can keep posting cute pictures of Grant

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...