Friday, September 26, 2008

Our afternoon adventure

Yesterday after John's class our little family went on an adventure. We loaded up my dad's truck, hooked up his horse trailer, and headed up to North Florida to pick up some Nubian goats that I found online for sale. I was surprised at my own enthusiasm.

My sister has bought 2 nubians in the last week, if you were wondering how I got this crazy idea. So we pull up to this shack in the middle of nowhere, after about 2 hours of driving to meet my first pets- if u can call them that... There is Hot Shot - the 2 year old Billy, Kelsey Bean- the 2 year old pregnant girl, Klondike- another 2 year old pregger, and little Sampson- a 6 month old little Billy.
I felt as if I was on some rescue crew saving these poor goats from a lowlife home. There was not much grass anywhere, just dirt and an electric fence. The owners were very friendly, just did not have the room for the growing family. We loaded them up and headed home. These goats just hit the goat lottery- there luck has changed for the better. They are now living in the luxury goat world with hundreds of acres of green pasture and roaming area. I know they will be much happier :)

I am most excited about the baby goats on the way. Grant loves the animals. Every morning I get on the golf cart with Grant and we ride over to our property by my parents house. He laughs and smiles when we get out to play with my sister's goats. They are very friendly and cute. Maybe that is why I came up with this crazy idea to get some goats! Thanks John for going along with the idea!

I will post some pics later this morning- of our 4 newest addtitions.

2 comments:

Lucky Me said...

I didn't know that you are such an animal person! Goats are pretty cute. It's like your own petting zoo.

Mary said...

What fun. Goats eat everything. I remember in first grade going on a field trip to the school farm and the goat ate the kids name tag standing next to me.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...