Tuesday, May 25, 2010

no more videos

I guess John is in a part of China that does not have access to blogs or facebook so I do not need to post anymore videos! Good thing because they take forever on my computer. I wonder what I would do without facebook or blogs...hmmmm. Maybe go a little crazy!

He is having a great time. Last night they flew up to a city called Xi'an. Then they are flying to Beijing on Thursday and staying thru Sunday. In these smaller cities everyone is shocked to see young americans, and then of course one that speaks Mandrin. He says that whenever they walk into a restaurant everyone just stares at them. I think he is liking all the attention :)One night he ate a silkworm and some fried bugs. I guess he could only eat one bug- then he felt a little grossed out. He has figured out a way for it to look like he is eating even when he is not. That sounds like fun! Spencer and Nate had a harder time adjusting to the time change. One night both of them fell asleep at the dinner table. Spencers head just plopped down in his soup. I bet it is tiring to never hear anyone speak english. That would probably put me right to sleep also!

I have talked to him once on the phone and then we have chatted on gmail a few times. They are exactly 12 hours ahead of EST here in FL. So it is about 7pm there right now- going into Wednesday. When they get to Beijing there will be a lot more city action going on. I would love to go to all the markets etc. We miss Johno and can't wait to hear all the other funny stories!

1 comment:

Emily said...

What a great adventure!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...