Monday, September 13, 2010

Facebook break...

I have decided to take a little break from facebook. Some people may have noticed, most of you probably haven't. I realized I was wasting about 2-3 hours a day (cumulative amount) browsing facebook. Which resulted in me being very behind in house projects- which we have a lot of! So, for now catch me on my blog or through email... or of course the age old telephone! Sometimes moderation in all things doesn't work for me and I have to go cold turkey. It has been 4 or 5 days since I deactivated my account and I find myself closing my labtop after it takes me about 5 minutes to check my email. Weird feeling! But for I now I like it. I think when I get back online I will probably just share an account with John- who knows...

11 comments:

Kristen Ebert said...

Good for you, Kaley! Talk about great determination!

mrs_stailey said...

I know how you feel! I think I might follow in your footsteps! :)

Cathy said...

So true! I think I had originally sat down to check something, and now it's 20 minutes later. Maybe I'll have to earn surfing 'credits' ... it's easy to get lost in CYBERSPACE!

Bree said...

I have only been on it for about 6 months and I feel the same way. Plus the time I am spending on it I am looking at crap I don't care about. I have been back and forth, I think you helped me make up my mind.
P.S. It has been way to long we need to get together!

sunshine family said...

bree- i didn't know you got an account! i'm sad i missed that one :) is little Halle walking yet????

kaley

Mommymita said...

Yeah - I need to do the same thing. Good thing I still call you 3 times a day so I already know your status updates!

sunshine family said...

for real al! you know i love to talk on the telephono!

Brooke said...

i feel the same way. i have an all around better day if i don't get on the internet at all. i feel like the internet is a black hole i can get lost in sometimes. so i check my email from my phone and i don't check blogs or facebook every day. there are more important things in life that need my attention (twp precious babies :) good job!

the Varley Family said...

Hum...what?! How are we going to count down until the PP premiere next week?! 8 more days!

sunshine family said...

Jamie- I am SOOO excited!! I hope they run all the episodes right before- I can't wait...

kaley

Lucky Me said...

We think alike. I didn't de-activate my account, but I'm taking a break from it as well. I just posted that on Facebook about 3 days ago. I checked it the other day for a minute and realized I really didn't miss it that much. It's the same old stuff.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...