Thursday, September 23, 2010

Mid Autumn Festival


Last night John and I took the boys to a Full Moon Party also known as the Mid Autumn's festival in china. In chinese time yesterday was August the 15th- that is because there are no months that have a 31st, they only count up to day 30. Their calendar is based on the lunar calendar. There was lots of yummy chinese food and Grant and Garrett were the only babies. There were 2 older boys that Grant knows and so he played with them. We had a good time. The moon cake pictured above is the party treat and Grant loved it. They are not very sweet for American taste-buds, but for the chinese they are very sweet. Not too bad ! There is a very friendly group around here and they love talking to John. He is a unique american in their eyes!

4 comments:

Cathy said...

It's hilarious watching John talk to chinese people and see their look of shock and awe on their face as he starts talking. I got to see John after his mission in Germany and he would b-line it to any Chinese person at the plaz, or tourist attraction. ha! and I'd say ... eh... "NEEE HOW!!"

sunshine family said...

Cathy= we are excited to have you down. Bring all your warm clothes! You should see John at Disney World...a little vulcher :) He loves stalking chinese people- I am used to it by now. I used to think it was weird!

kaley

Christina, knick name Bina said...

I LOVE MOON PIES. All your blog posts about your chinese friends make me want to brush up on my weak High School Chinese. Did all the folks go gaga over the two little babies at the party?? I think when we have a little money I'll buy the Rosetta stone Chinese thing. I love reading your blog. Talk to you soon!

sunshine family said...

Bina,I didn;t know you speak a little chinese! awesome... ijust ordered a few chinese language DVD;s for Grant. I will post about it when they come.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...