Thursday, July 24, 2008

Our chinese neighbor..



There is a native Chinese grandma living with her daughter and 2 grandsons a few houses over. Lately we have been running into her at the park and on the street. John loves talking with her- she doesn't speak any english. So I ask John to ask her all
sorts of questions for me. Mainly about baby stuff. She loves babies- and loves Grant. She loves holding him and singing little songs to him. Last Sunday I told John that we should just stop by and visit with them. So we headed a few doors down and we visited with their family for awhile. Then last night we heard someone knocking on our door. We have lived here for almost 3 months and have had only one visitor- we didn't know who it could be. It was this sweet grandma - and she had made us a nice dinner and brought it over. She sat on our mat that we have on the floor and just played with Grant. She told me the secret to getting babies to try new things to eat- was add a little honey. I tried to explain the rules in the US- but she pointed at the honey and told me to put it in Grant's rice. Needless to say, I listened and he ate the rice. It is interesting how different the cultures are.

3 comments:

Mommymita said...

Kaley- you have a new friend! Time to learn a bit of Chinese.

As for the honey I"m sure you are already aware of the botulism risk - but hey there are too many things for us moms to worry about. I'm glad he enjoyed his rice!

sunshine family said...

i tried to tell her honey is not allowed- but she just wouldn't hear of it. i think he will be fine.... :)

Derek A said...

that's one cute kid.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...