Sunday, September 27, 2009

My blanket baby...







Just last week John and I were talking about how we were glad Grant had never been a "blankie" baby. I said that phase is long gone and we lucked out because he never carried around a dirty blanket thru the house etc, etc. Well a few days ago Grant started wanting to take one of his blankets out of the crib after his afternoon nap. At first it didn't phase me. Then he started wanting it in the morning, afternoon, and evenings while he was playing in the house. Now he cries if I try to sneak it back into the crib when he is distracted for a minute or 2. So what is this???? Can toddlers become blanket babies overnight??? I thought he was too old for this, but I guess I am way wrong!
My mom's theory is that he knows the next baby is coming soon. I have started to do less and less with him as my belly gets huge and I can't physically always run to his rescue. Who knows... it is just really funny that this happened a week after John and I had talked about it not happening! P.S don't mind the chocolate all over his face... it isn't dirt!

1 comment:

Brooke said...

Rossi loves his blanket too, he is funny about it though. sometimes he needs it all the time and others not. I try to have a rule that he can't take it outside or in the car, etc. He always needs it at bedtime though, so if he spends the night somewhere else it definately goes with.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...