Thursday, December 3, 2009

3 cm dialated, 90% effaced, +1 station

So I asked my midwives to finally check me today. I haven't been checked so far...how much fun are those exams right :) And of course, his head is super low- which has been like this for weeks...but I was surprised I was already at a 3. I guess I am in denial about this whole thing:) I was like this with Grant, so i shouldn't be so surprised. Anyway- I know I could walk around like this for 2 more weeks, but it is nice to know that something is at least happening when I have all that cervical pressure and contractions. The last few days I have been feeling pretty good though, so we will see. John's only request is that I make it through his first exam. I think I can pull it off- I will just be a couch potato for the next week! I am really good at watching tv and eating ice cream :)

6 comments:

Brooke said...

lucky you! How early was Grant? It could be any day now :)) that's exciting stuff! My doctor just told me today that I am more like April 9, then April 3 :( Oh well, I wasn't expecting to come early anyway, though it would be nice. Are you planning on doing it all natural? Did you with Grant?

sunshine family said...

he was 38wk 2 days...but who knows. I know I have at least another week. That is just mother's intuition :)I am hoping to go natural- especially since I am using midwives that don't offer drugs, etc...we will see. I had an epi with grant and reacted badly to it- no induction though. maybe next time i will do something different too!

Becca said...

Good luck, Kaley! A natural birth is not that bad as long as you are mentally prepared. I also had some bad reactions to the epi. You will do awesome!

Brooke said...

I totally agree with Becca, I had Rossi all natural. You have to say I'm doing it natural and no other way, you'll do great! I've heard people having bad reactions, what did it do to you? Hope everything goes good!

Roadrunner said...

How exciting! I know you just have to hurry up and wait...but still, that's great news. Good luck with everything and I'm excited to see pictures of your new little one!

sunshine family said...

thanks guys, i am trying to mentally prepare- i know it will not be easy, but i am looking forward to the challenge...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...